2009年12月24日星期四

Quebec City

This is the place that I have always wanted to go, and here I am, in this gorgeous city.

Prior to take off, I was wondering that there might not be as much snow as i would like in Quebec city due to the strange weather this year. Yes, no snow in Sackville, but as we were cruising through to northwest NB, my worry has completely drifted away as the snow was big enough to cause a major delay for my bus from Grandfalls to rivere du loup.
Fortunately, I got to catch the transit bus and arrived at quebec city just at midnight. Knowing myself as a direction retard, I took a cab right to my hostel "Auberage Internationale de Quebec." On the way there, I was already amazed by the gorgeous gorgeous architectures covered in the fresh snow within the Old Quebec city, and I knew that "Hell YAYY, this is FUCKIng righttt!".
Having slept in a eight person dorm did not bring me many of the good memories in High school, might've been too excited to fall asleep, as well the Japanese mid-aged guy underneath woke up dead early in the morning. Really, no complains at all, early start of the day, why not?!
I was surprised that this hostel had quite a few Asian visitors, including a jap girl who help me open my door (i was retarded). She reminded me of Shoko big time, with such similar features and politeness. Damnnn I got to get on it, i said to myself haha.

I didn't plan on doing much for the day, since I had been telling myself that the trip is not only about sightseeing, but more importantly it's about the feeling, the unique stuff that only this city offers and I knew that's is the real shit i would enjoy. So I spent almost the entire day strolling along the old city, taking pictures of all these unreal architectures whenever I wanted to. I would have to say that Quebec City is the shit, it definitely has a strong character compare to many other cities I have visited in Canada. I do find a couple stereotyping Quebecois who would refuse to give in their stupid pride for English. However, I rather found people are extremely nice and warm-hearted.
I went to a restaurant right across street from my hostel called" .......latin" and ordered the food "Caribou couritere", which consist of an awesome bowl of beef stew, a salad with berry sauce raised by the locals and some bread. It was a great meal, 24 dollars in total, a little expensive but I was content with the quality of both food and service. The owner/waiter was an old French man who did not really speak English, however you have to give credit for people who tries, our fragmentary English plus Smiling communication methods worked out well at the end.

In an hour and half, I will be joining the Christmas Eve dinner at the hostel, to be honest I'm dead exhausting from colds and long bus ride, but still super thrilled for this event. I think I will kick off awesomely, can't wait for it! Last little wish for tonight was to catch that shoko looking girl, and Joyeux Noël/Merry Christmas/ 圣诞快乐 to you all PEOPLE!!!

没有评论: